Kyle H. Jarzmik Law
Top Five Things to Look for When Hiring a Criminal Defense Lawyer
Being charged with a criminal offense can be stressful especially when convicted of a crime that you didn’t commit. The severity of the charges can range from traffic offenses including DUI (Driving under the influence), speeding, driving with a suspended or no license, or other serious traffic offenses to a misdemeanor or felony including drug crimes, assault and battery crimes, theft crimes, sex crimes, or probation violations. If you don’t have the right legal representation, you may be looking at jail time.
Hiring a criminal defense lawyer during such a crisis is essential as he/she is a knowledgeable resource in the complex field of criminal law. A criminal defense lawyer is well qualified to provide professional advice, dispute resolution, represent you in court, conduct settlement negotiations, and protect your interests. However, with so many lawyers in business today, how do you make the right choice? Here is a list of the top five things to look for when hiring a criminal defense lawyer.
- Trustworthy. Work with a criminal defense lawyer who is trustworthy and a person of integrity. He/she should be honest and truthful while dealing with you as a client as it will keep you at ease during the proceedings of the case.
- Competency. Criminal law is a complex body of state and federal legislation. Each state has its set of laws. The lawyer representing your case should be well acquainted with these laws. He/she should be competent and knowledgeable in the area of law of your particular case so that you’re well represented in court.
- Area of Expertise. Your case is unique depending on circumstances involved. Do your research about your legal representative’s experience so that he/she is well versed in the area related to your case in particular.
- Efficient Communication. As a client, you should be well informed about the progress of your case. Your defense counsel is obligated to keeping you informed about the proceedings and setbacks that may arise. Work with a lawyer who will communicate with you and keep you up-to-date.
- Drive. Your criminal defense lawyer of choice should have the drive to succeed on your behalf. He/she should have the determination to work towards your interests. Work with a lawyer who will be your advocate and fight for you.
If you’re looking for a criminal defense lawyer in Atlanta, Georgia or surrounding areas, consider Kyle Jarzmik.
Kyle is a criminal defense attorney who fights to protect your rights. He is thorough in his investigation and looks at all possible avenues to achieve the best outcome for your case. With over five years of experience he has prosecuted thousands of criminal cases.
Kyle represents clients in misdemeanor and felony criminal cases, and civil personal injury cases. Kyle handles cases all over the state of Georgia, and particularly the metro Atlanta area, including Fulton, Cobb, Dekalb, Gwinnett, Forsyth, Clayton, Rockdale, Douglas, Coweta, and Carroll County.